I started this project as a test to see what I could accomplish in zBrush and Substance Painter, with what I had learned at the present time.
I started by finding a lot of references, before drawing to figure out what shape I wanted, as soon as I had the shape I moved on to modeling.

This project ended up being incredibly fun and I spent a lot of my spare time polishing the minute details. I received a lot of positive feedback from the people around me and the project ended up taking a weeks time, instead of just a couple of days like it was supposed to.

My process was as follows:
Finding references of rune stones that looked like what I wanted to accomplish, I then sketched it out in Photoshop to find the shapes I wanted, then started a base model in 3DS Max that I could start out with in ZBrush, where I added all the details, like the runes, whereafter I moved it into 3D Coat to do retopology, and finally I moved onto Substance Painter where I made all the textures. The project ended up being incredibly fun and I spent a lot of time